Re: musl and timezones

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 09:48:27 +0100

> The program I was compiling (a CLI wall-clock) is thrice bigger with
> musl than with diet. Most binaries of your software are *smaller* with
> musl, a notable exception being s6-mount (almost twice with musl!).

  That's probably stdio.
  musl's stdio is scrupulously conformant whereas diet's stdio isn't,
so musl's is bigger. (It takes a lot of effort, and a lot of code, to
correctly implement that demented specification.)
  s6-mount uses getmntent() for /etc/fstab parsing, which pulls in the
FILE structure and likely a good portion of stdio.

--
  Laurent