Re: skalibs cross-compiling fails for version >= 1.4.0

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:55:50 +0000

> Following tests where done after trying to compile the skalibs package
> in opensde after updating it from 1.3.0 to 1.4.2, cross-compiling for
> x86 on a x86-64 build host, which still fails.

  Well yeah. Things will break if you try cross-compiling and just run "make",
because skalibs compiles build-time tests and runs them, to evaluate the
target's "sysdeps" (abilities and nonportabilities and such) - which is
clearly invalid when cross-compiling. So special workarounds have to be
done in that case.

  Short version:
   * collect the sysdeps for your target architecture by natively compiling
skalibs on that target architecture and copying the .../sysdeps directory
into /tmp/mysysdeps. For x86, it should be trivial to collect.
   * to crosscompile: run "package/crosscompile /tmp/mysysdeps"

  Long version: http://skarnet.org/software/skalibs/crosscompile.html

  (Note that autotools don't get cross-compilation right, which is one of
the reasons why I'm not using them.)

  I'm happy to answer more questions if you've done that and it's still
not working.

--
  Laurent