Re: tai confusion

From: Paul Jarc <prj_at_case.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:49:27 -0500

Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org> wrote:
> The tai_from_utc function, which tai_from_sysclock resolves to when
> --enable-tai-clock is not given, does add the 10 seconds too.

I overlooked that function, thanks.

> You should always be using tain_now() to get the current time,

In this case I'm not dealing with the current time. How would I
convert between an arbitrary system clock value stored in a
time_t/struct timeval/struct timespec, and a TAI[N] value stored in a
tai[n]_t?

Do you recommend calling tain_init() at program startup? If the
program does a significant amount of work before the first call to
tain_now(), will it matter whether the initialization happens before
or after that work?

paul