Re: Issues with cross compilation

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 15:19:22 +0000

>./configure: error: target armeb-linux-musleabi does not match the \
>contents of /usr/local/lib/skalibs/sysdeps/target
>
>The configure script is displaying the default path to the sysdeps
>directory
>(based on the --prefix flag) instead of displaying the provided path to
>the
>sysdeps directory; i.e. the error message should instead read:
>
>./configure: error: target armeb-linux-musleabi does not match the \
>contents of /path/to/sysdeps.cfg/target

  Indeed. Fixed in the latest skalibs git, thanks!

>However, when I tried to build execline the compiler tried to include
>libskarnet.a from the host machine when linking the programs:
> (...)
>
>exec armeb-linux-musleabi-gcc <snip> -L/path/to/staging/usr/local/lib \
> -Wl,--gc-sections src/execline/cd.o
>/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libskarnet.a
>/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libskarnet.a: error adding symbols: File
>format not recognized

  Agh! I knew I had squashed a good number of bugs with toolchains' link
paths, but this is not a toolchain problem, this is a make problem.
  Could you please edit your generated config.mak file for execline,
and add a line just containing

vpath

right before the line starting with "vpath lib%.a" ? Then run make, and
report the result. If it builds correctly, I'll know exactly what and
where the bug is and have an easy workaround; if it doesn't, it will
require more investigation.

  Thanks!

--
  Laurent