Re: execline

From: Casper Ti. Vector <caspervector_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 22:22:44 +0800

Some relatively minor points to add:

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:12:30AM +0800, Casper Ti. Vector wrote:
> * Perferably, support something like scsh

Though I like the idea of scsh, I still find it slightly large; I think
a set of suitable macros and library functions for Chibi might be a
better route.

> Considering the existence of elegant yet performant self-hosting Scheme
> compilers (like Chez, which self-compiles in seconds), the proposed
> solution can also be simpler in terms of total complexity.

By referring to Scheme compilers, I do not intend to exclude Scheme
interpreters from our candidates, but to show that the total complexity
of the proposed implementation can be comparable to (or even lower than)
that of the current implementation.

And by the way, since the chainloading procedure itself consumes very
little time after all, even if the Scheme implementation is relatively
slow, the overall performance of the system would be nearly unaffected.

--
My current OpenPGP key:
RSA4096/0x227E8CAAB7AA186C (expires: 2020.10.19)