Re: skalibs: macOS errors

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 06:27:30 +0000

>Hi all - I just wanted to file a quick report.
>
>I tried cloning down the skalibs git repo to my macOS box, which uses
>the default, case-insensitive filesystem.
>
>Since there's both mkltemp.c and mkLtemp.c, I immediately ran into
>problems with git reporting modifications I hand't made, etc.

Ah, right. That's unfortunate. I will change the name of one of
these files, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm willing to
support this obviously non-POSIX-compliant filesystem...

>Additionally, env_dump.c failed to compile - on macOS, mkdtemp is
>defined in unistd.h instead of stdlib.h, and requires that
>_DARWIN_C_SOURCE is defined.

  Joy. Will fix.

  Part of the issue is that I have lost access to my MacOS account,
and cannot test for build failures on MacOS anymore. If I could
have a shell account on a MacOS machine, it would make things
much easier (hint, hint). :)

  Thanks for the report,

--
  Laurent