Re: Core dump of crashing service program

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 23:50:47 -0300

G:El lun, 8 ago 2022 a las 16:23, Liviu Nicoara escribió:

> I know next to zero about runlevels and the
> initialization orchestra. What is the correct way to get s6 to give me
> something that looks like runlevel 5 (a graphical display manager)? From my
> reading, is via bundles and I get the concept, but what is it that I
> should bundle?

You bundle the s6-rc atomic services.that you want up when you enter
(an equivalent of) runlevel 5. If when you say "runlevel 5" you are
thinking of Debian or something like it, those would be, more or less,
s6-rc versions of all /etc/rcS.d/S* and /etc/rc5.d/S* services, if I
remember the details of Debian's (non-systemd) init system correctly.

Your earlier posts do not mention s6-rc, though, only s6, so I'm not
sure if the system that you are dealing with is using it.

G.