Re: ejabberd

From: Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 07:25:56 -0700

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 2:41 AM, Alex Efros <powerman_at_powerman.name> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> So, for now my workaround with monkey-patching ejabberdctl to remove
> -detach param is only way to correctly run ejabberd under runit (well,
> horrible_listener_script.sh proposed by Colin Booth probably will work
> too, but… well… it's really horrible :) - but probably testing port with
> `ss -lnt | grep -q ':5222 '` will make it less horrible).
>
> --
> WBR, Alex.
Yeah, ss and grepping for the listening port is probably better,
though to be fair, that listener was intentionally awful. Neither
solution is good. The monkeypatch is probably the current best way,
though you might be able to get a foreground mode formally checked in
to ejabberdctl which would both remove the need for any of these
gymnastics, as well as help out anyone else.

I did miss the lack of fifo support. That said, it looks like you can
configure things like log rotation / retention so not all is lost.

Cheers!

--
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to
man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees