Re: move s6 to github?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 01:03:35 +0200

On 22/04/2015 00:35, Buck Evan wrote:
> I believe the s6 project would benefit measurably from a move to github.

  There's a github mirror of s6 already. Moving the main repository to
github, and using more github services, is not going to happen, for
both philosophical and technical reasons.

> Using the ticketing and pull-request system that so many are familiar with
> would increase participation by the community and so foster bugfixes and
> acceptance.

  It may sound like a joke to you, but I'm very serious when I say this: if
someone cannot work with e-mail and has to rely on web applications for
collaborative development, then I already do not trust that person's ability
to contribute in a significant and positive way to a project such as s6,
which is among other things about minimalism.

--
  Laurent