Re: Arch Linux derivative using s6?

From: bougyman <bougyman+voidlinux_at_rubyists.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:39:17 -0500

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Chris Brannon <chris_at_the-brannons.com> wrote:
> bougyman <bougyman+voidlinux_at_rubyists.com> writes:
>
>> Have you looked at void linux yet?
>
> I've been running it in a VM, and I think you guys have made a convert!
> This weekend, I'll be installing it on my desktop machine.
> That's a really nice distro with supervision, and
> I'm definitely interested in collaborating.

That's great to hear. I'll get s6 packaged up today (just the
binaries) and we can look at how to best integrate a replacement init.
the runit-void package should be a good start. I'm also looking at
anopa and s6-overlay for ideas. It was brought to our attention that
SAK (sysrq-k) panics the kernel with runit, that's something I would
like to work around in this implementation.

Tj