Re: Readiness notification for systemd

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 00:20:35 +0200

On 13/06/2015 22:53, Steve Litt wrote:
> That's easy enough. One problem though: It seems like everything I
> write to stderr ends up in my readproctitle display in ps.

  By default, svscan only redirects stdout from your services to your
loggers. So stderr falls through; it's actually the svscanboot script
that redirects it, into a pipe to readproctitle. IOW, if you're using
svscanboot, your services' default stderr will be the pipe to
readproctitle.
  That's why it's often preferrable to copy stdout to stderr at the
start of your run scripts: start them with "exec 2>&1". So your
services' stderr will be redirected to the dedicated loggers.

--
  Laurent