Re: s6-linux-init: SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2

From: Martin \ <et.code_at_ethome.sk>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:19:25 +0200

Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>Lower case -s causes s6-svscan to execute a script on receipt of:
>TERM, INT, HUP, QUIT, USR1, USR2.

As currently I am killing most time messing with my ugly s6 jails, it's some
time I messed with PID1. As we know, quite few of the rc scripts would need to
be ported. I noticed signal handling capability in s6-svscan, and figured it is
inteded for init-like operations, but as soon as my PID1 started to run I moved
bit "below" that into userland, and I didn't try it.

Jan Bramkamp <crest_at_rlwinm.de> wrote:
> I can upload my /etc/service and /etc/s6-rc/source if you're interested.

Yes ofc I would be very interested in your "favorite hacks", just to
learn from it. If you don't mind.

I would be especialy interested in how you do your intial s6-svscan bootstrap as
PID1, and how you solved intial logger fifo pipe problem.

  eto