Re: s6, listen(8), etc.

From: Roger Pate <roger_at_qxxy.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 09:43:40 -0400

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Laurent Bercot
<ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org> wrote:
> OK, now let's have a look at LISTEN_FDS.

I also find these particular implementation details a poor choice. I
was going to recommend a different environment convention, but then I
saw the pre-existing convention was copied exactly.

If I was Daniel, I'd create something better. But I'm not sure
there's enough interest/need to warrant it. (Daemons currently
written to expect LISTEN_FDS could have a chain-loaded conversion
program.)

Not that I'm particularly knowledgeable here; s6's fdholding seems
able to fill this niche already.