Re: Adding capability control into the `run' script comparison page

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 09:14:00 +0000

Casper Ti. Vector:

> But I do think the capability argument has its validity: chainloading
> is, at this time, not well known to normal users, which is why many
> systemd supporters compulsorily identify cgroup support with systemd
> with few people opposing. Therefore I suggest to add some examples of
> capacility control (eg. one example for ulimit, plus one example for
> cgroup) into the comparison page, or an independent page.

Such "systemd supporters" don't actually know systemd.

* http://jdebp.eu./FGA/linux-control-groups-are-not-jobs.html

To anyone running the service manager and bundles from nosh version 1.28
or later on Linux: You are encouraged to look at your control group
hierarchy, with a tool like "systemd-cgls /", with the "cgroup" field of
the ps command, or by simply listing your /sys/fs/cgroup/ hierarchy.
You are in for an interesting surprise.