Re: A dumb question

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 19:05:39 +0000

>The Debian maintainer is now Dmitry Bogatov.
>
>* https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/runit

  And unless I'm mistaken, he's not subscribed to this list, which is
a shame. It makes no sense for software to only be maintained for a
distribution (unless, of course, it's distribution-specific software);
and in particular, it makes no sense for runit to only be maintained
for Debian and Ubuntu - it will never run there as an init system,
and systemd already provides supervision mechanisms.

  I miss the time when most software was distro-agnostic, and distro
maintainers worked together with software authors, called "upstream"
for a reason, to adapt the mechanism to their policies.

  s6 is not getting phagocyted by a distribution any time soon.

--
  Laurent