[announce] release 0.3.0 of rc-shim

From: Avery Payne <avery.p.payne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 14:01:02 -0700

I'm announcing the release of rc-shim v0.3.0, a small script that is useful
for adding supervision to existing installations already using SysV-styled
rc scripts. The following has changed:

* there is a testing script that ensures the shim will work with your shell.

* confirmation that the shim works with several different shells, outlined
in the README file.

* there is now a "fancy" print variant, that uses colorized printing, etc.
that comes with your OS installation.

The script is in regular use and I have not had any major defects to be
concerned about. There are a few known issues with output, but these
defects will not affect the operation of the shim.

The quality is now "beta" level and I have decided to continue to make
minor improvements; I retract my former statement that I am headed to a
maintenance release.

Source can be obtained with mercurial or git at
https://bitbucket.org/avery_payne/rc-shim. Incremental improvements will
continue with each release and feedback is always appreciated.