[announce] execline-2.5.0.0

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 10:39:18 +0000

  Hello,
  execline-2.5.0.0 is out.

  It is with a very heavy heart that I must do this release.
  User reports have come in by the hundreds and they are almost
unanimous (sorry, Colin): they don't like the 2.4.0.0 change,
pretending it hurts readability (as if), and writability too,
of execline scripts. (What? People were actually writing execline
scripts? Why haven't I heard of them before yesterday?)
  They want a revert to the old syntax.

  Users. They never know what they want. They can't be happy. Give them
what they ask for and they immediately start complaining about the
opposite of what they were complaining before. They're a plague on
software authors everywhere. I swear, computer programming would be
so much easier if there were no users at all!

  But since programming is about being a slave to your users, I hear
them, and I submit. I'm reverting the change introduced in 2.4.0.0.
execline commands will keep the names they had in 2.3.0.4 and previous
versions.

  I'm such a misunderstood genius.

  The main difference between 2.3.0.4 and 2.5.0.0, though, is that
the "import" command has been removed. From 2.5.0.0 on, execline and
ImageMagick should not conflict anymore. Make sure your execline
scripts have been converted to using "importas"!

  https://skarnet.org/software/execline/
  git://git.skarnet.org/execline

  Enjoy,
  Bug-reports welcome.