Does execline natively do arithmetic and branching

From: Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 08:03:17 -0500

Hi all,

I'm messing around with execline, in the hopes that in long tight loops
it can be faster than /bin/sh. Now I want to do incrementing and other
add/subtract. Is there any kind of native way, or do I need to backtick
dc?

Second question: Is there a way to find out whether a variable is ten
or above without using execline's ifthenelse to query the test
executable?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21