Re: [request for review] Port of s6 documentation to mdoc(7)

From: Alexis <flexibeast_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 10:50:15 +1000

Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com> writes:

> Depends on how the HTML is written ... All I'm saying is don't
> assume,
> sight unseen, that the current HTML can't easily be converted to
> semantic LaTeX or Docbook or whatever.

This is good advice in general; but in this particular case,
there's no "sight unseen" involved on my part. i have actually
looked at the HTML sources of the existing s6 documentation. (For
some context, i've authored HTML professionally myself.)

As i indicated in the post to which you responded, as well as in
my last post to this list:

    https://www.mail-archive.com/supervision_at_list.skarnet.org/msg02560.html

the current HTML markup is basically not semantic, but
presentationally-based.

(i'm not complaining about this. i'm very grateful that Laurent
has provided such comprehensive documentation for s6; many
software authors provide far less, or suggest that the source is
the end-user documentation. i feel s6 is a sufficiently important
project that i'm happy to help out with documentation stuff,
rather than putting further demands on Laurent's already-saturated
bandwidth.)

To be more specific regarding one of the points in my last post,
here's an excerpt from s6-envuidgid.html:

    <pre>
         s6-envuidgid [ -u | -g | -B ] [ -n ] [ -i | -D
    </pre>

Alexis.