Re: s6-man-pages update

From: Alexis <flexibeast_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 00:08:15 +1000

Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org> writes:

> That downside is simply too big, and also, I don't want to take
> responsibility in the official tarballs for content that I don't
> audit
> myself ... if a distribution has a link
> to get the man pages source, they will use it and will just be
> happy
> that there are man pages.

Fair enough. :-) My thought is, to help distros with packaging, i
can add tags to the s6-man-pages repo to match the corresponding
s6 version on which they were based. So at the completion of this
current process, i could add a 2.9.2.0 tag (assuming that the
current docs on skarnet.org are from the 2.9.2.0 release). Does
that sound reasonable?

(i can put together a package template for Void.)

Alexis.