Re: Network-online.target

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 13:00:30 +0000

>How to port network-online.target of systemd to S6 ?
>
>Some of the services requires network-online.target to be executed

  Hi Amaresh,
  It's basically impossible to answer this question without understanding
the bigger picture. What are you trying to do?

  systemd relies on the existence of a network manager on a machine
(typically systemd-networkd or NetworkManager); if you're trying to
port a set of services to s6, you will first need to decide what model
you will use for your network, and more generally what set of base
services you need to assume are there, and how you're going to bring
them up. That's the big picture we need to understand.

--
  Laurent