Re: Some suggestions on old-fashioned usage with s6 2.10.x

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 22:41:24 -0300

El jue, 28 ene 2021 a las 7:08, Casper Ti. Vector escribió:

> I did not actively follow the recent evolution of s6, and have just been
> bitten badly by s6 2.10.x on my Alpine servers (where slew [1] is used
> of course) when it comes along with other updates.
>
> [1] <https://gitea.com/CasperVector/slew>
> [...]
> it will be nice if the old-fashioned way (with stage 1 and stage 3 as
> static scripts) is supported as well [...]

Out of curiosity, do you have a reason for wanting to keep the
"old-fashioned way"? Is it a goal of your project to depend on s6 and
s6-rc, but not current s6-linux-init? It seems to me that doing so
would be easier. It even looks like you could use the current
/etc/slew/init/rc.{init,fin} scripts (perhaps with minor adjustments)
as s6-linux-init's rc.init and rc.shutdown for slew, respectively.

G.