Service watchdog

From: Petr Malat <oss_at_malat.biz>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 09:20:41 +0200

Hi,
I'm using the busybox implementation of runit to manage services and I
miss some kind of a watchdog in runsv. I though about extending
supervise/control pipe by a status command which would allow to publish
a status, for example 's Running'. Runsv would then append a monotonic
timestamp when it was received and the passed string to its argv[0]
making it visible in the process listing. This could be used by "check"
to check the service is up and also by watchdog to see it made some
progress since the last run.
Any opinions on that?
BR,
  Petr