Re: Question about enable-absolute-paths option

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 18:15:41 +0000

>Maybe I could just name the package like libexecline(which has
>binaries as helper programs). Then users will think they can't get an
>execline pacakge.

  This would confuse users, because execline is not a library, it's
a package with binaries (and that also includes a library for
execline helper development, but that should naturally go into
an execline-dev subpackage).

  Why is it so hard to do things the right way instead of looking for
technical workarounds to political problems (which never works)?
Do you do this with other packages?

--
  Laurent